Sunday, January 29, 2012

Library Loot: Jan 29


Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire from The Captive Reader and Marg from The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!


Today I exercised restraint and only got one book from the church library. I wasn’t going to get anything but then stopped to look if they had something on Ephesians since that is what my small group is studying at the moment. I found:
  • Looking up when you feel down by Gene A. Gets (Regal Books, 1985)
From the church library last week I still have:
  • Danger in the Shadows by Dee Henderson (Multnomah Publishers, 2002)
  • Forever After by Deborah Raney (Simon & Schuster, 2011)
And from the church library before that I still have:
  • The Trophy Chase Trilogy: The Legend of the Firefish; The Hand that bears the Sword; and The Battle for Vast Dominion by George Bryan Polivka (Harvest House Publishers, 2007, 2007, 2008)
  • Gods & Kings: a novel by Lynn Austin (Bethany House, 2005)
  • Shadow of Colossus by T.L. Higley (B&H Publishing Group, 2008)
  • The Healers Apprentice by Melanie Dickerson (Zondervan, 2010) (a great book but I just haven’t written the review for it yet, hopefully this week…)
  • Tea with Hezbollah: Sitting at the Enemies’ Table by Ted Dekker and Carl Medearis (Doubleday Religion, 2010) (I checked this out ages ago and just haven’t gotten around to it, I am thankful for renewals)
And from the public library I have:
  • The Help by Kathryn Stockett (G.P. Putnam’s Sons, 2009) (again, haven’t written the review yet)
  • Chalice by RobinMcKinley (G.P. Putnam’s Sons, 2008) (written the review, just haven’t returned it yet)
  • Secrets at Sea by Richard Peck (Dial Books for Young Readers, 2011)
  • Hawksmaid : the untold story of Robin Hood and Maid Marian by Kathryn Lasky (Harper, 2010)
  • Wonderland Creek by Lynn Austin (Bethany House, 2011) (which I had better read soon because there’s a waiting list and it’s due in a week)
  • The Portrait of a Lady by Henry James (first published in book form in 1881) (Again I am very grateful for renewals! Should I admit that I’ve renewed this nine times and haven’t opened it since November? Last summer my sister and I decided we should read more of the BBC Top 100 books and this was one I checked out. But am obviously having trouble picking up again…)
  • The Amaranth enchantment by Julie Berry (Bloomsbury, 2009)
  • Six Days of War: June 1967 and the making of the modern Middle East by Michael B. Oren (Oxford University Press, 2002)
  • Tiger Trap: America’s secret spy war with China by David Wise (Hougton Mifflin Harcourt, 2011)
  • The Boy who Harnessed the Wind by William Kamkwamba and Bryan Mealer (Harper Collins, 2009)
And from a friend I’m borrowing:
  • Just between You and Me by Jenny B. Jones (Thomas Nelson, 2009)
What do you have checked out from the library? Which books do you keep renewing?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics