Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #10: A Promise to Love

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event that spotlights upcoming releases that we're
eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

A Promise to Love by Serena B. Miller
Revell - October 2012

About
Ingrid Larsen arrives in Michigan in 1871 with little more than the clothes on her back and a determination to find her brother, who has disappeared into the dangerous lumber camps. Destitute and barely hanging on to hope, the young Swedish immigrant crosses paths with Joshua Hunter, a newly widowed farmer with eyes the color of the ocean she had crossed and five rambunctious children to raise on his own.

Marriage would solve both of their problems, and Ingrid finds herself proposing in broken English to a man she barely knows. Many difficulties lie ahead--but the hardest battle of all will be winning the heart of her new husband.

Why I want to read it
It's historical fiction. It's a marriage of convenience story. Need I say more? 

2 comments:

  1. This one looks good! I love your reason for wanting it since that is the same reason I would give! I love stories with marriages of convenience! I don't know what makes them so awesome but I always get excited when I find a book with that kind of plot. I'm actually reading a really good MoC book, The Doctor's Lady by Jody Hedlund.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun that we'd give the same reason! Thanks for the heads up about The Doctor's Lady. I'll go look it up right now!

      Delete

Real Time Web Analytics