Thursday, June 21, 2012

Footprints Prayer

I have always liked the image that the Footprints Prayer evokes. And the art that people have created from it. My sister and I like to cross stitch and we both like the Footprints Prayer so when one of us saw a cross stitch kit for it on sale she bought it. That Christmas some friends sent a package and in it was the exact same kit. Now both my sister and I have one. :-)

God answers prayers. He wants to answer prayers. When you ask according to His will He can and will answer, maybe even way beyond your wildest dreams. But sometimes His answer is 'No' and sometimes it's 'Later.' We just have to trust Him that He knows best.

This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him. I John 5:14-15 NIV84

The Footprints Prayer

One night I had a dream...
I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord, and
Across the sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand; 
One belonged to me, and the other to the Lord. 
When the last scene of my life flashed before us, 
I looked back at the footprints in the sand. 
I noticed that many times along the path of my life, 
There was only one set of footprints. 
I also noticed that it happened at the very lowest 
and saddest times in my life. 
This really bothered me, and I questioned the Lord about it. 
"Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you, 
You would walk with me all the way; 
But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, 
There is only one set of footprints. 
I don't understand why in times when I needed
you the most, you should leave me. 
The Lord replied, "My precious, precious child. 
I love you, and I would never, never leave you
during your times of trial and suffering. 
When you saw only one set of footprints, 
It was then that I carried you

 Read more: http://www.prayers-for-special-help.com/footprints-prayer.html#ixzz1yRSTqOvZ


2 comments:

  1. Awesome post, Rina *smiling*
    Footprints has always been dear to my heart and indeed captures powerful imagery of how much God loves us. Thanks also for your comments on God's way for answering prayers, sooooo true :)

    With me, I've learned that when a prayer isn't answered in the time or manner I thought it would be, that means that God has something better in store for said prayer and it's worth waiting on His timing. He wants us to trust Him with every situation we're facing, but our prayers are always heard and cherished by God even when it takes longer to see them manifest.

    Great post, Rina, and I pray that God is doing special things for you and your family this summer. That He continues to amaze all of you with His provision, His presence, His revelation, His grace, and that He shines through each of you more than ever. I fully believe that you and your family have MANY more breakthroughs heading your way, blessings girl :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kara! Your second paragraph neatly sums up what my pastor was saying this week. Isn't prayer amazing? It's incomprehensible that the God who created the universe actually want us to talk to him. And then he also listens and answers! Crazy. But so amazing and wonderful.

      Delete

Real Time Web Analytics