Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Top Ten Books on Summer TBR List

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

Today's Top Ten topic is "Top Ten Books on My Summer TBR List." And just a quick update on my beach reading last week. Of the nine that I took there were two that I didn't start, one that I only got a few pages into, one that I got half way done (LoTR is a long book! I got to part two of Two Towers), four that I finished, and one that I had started before the beach but didn't pick up.

Top Ten Books on Summer TBR List


1. Masquerade by Nancy Moser
Masquerade by Nancy Moser

2. Accidental Bride by Denise Hunter
book cover Accidental Bride by Denise Hunter

book cover Faith Like Potatoes by Angus Buchan

4. Short Straw Bride by Karen Witemeyer
book cover Short Straw Bride by Karen Witemeyer

5. The Forgiven Duke by Jamie Carie
book cover Forgiven Duke by Jamie Carie
Update: Here's my review! (7/3)

6. A Duke's Promise by Jamie Carie
book cover A Duke's Promise by Jamie Carie

7. George Washington's Sacred Fire by Petter A. Lillbabck
book cover George Washington's Sacred Fire by Peter A. Lillback

(an ebook that I will read as soon as I buy an ereader!)
book cover El Rey: A Novel of Renaissance Iberia by Ginger Myrick
Update: Great book thus far! 37% done (7/3)

9. My Stubborn Heart by Becky Wade
(a Bethany House review book)
book cover My Stubborn Heart by Becky Wade
Update: Here's my review! (7/3)

(a Blogging for Books review book)
book cover Quiet by Susan Cain

What books are on your summer TBR (to be read) list?

8 comments:

  1. veil of pearls by marylu tyndall
    innocent darkness by suzanne lazear
    i reviewed accidental bride, it was ok...
    also have my eyes on becky wade's book :)
    you have GOT to read Short-Straw Bride; I just finished reviewing it and it's AWESOME!
    LOL, yes LOTR are LOOONG reads :) The movies are long also, but I preferred the movie to the book experience there.
    Still praying for all the adjustments while you keep up the with blog, blessings Rina :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished Stubborn Heart last night. It's so good! My heart was pounding and my stomach was aching right alongside the main character. Hard to believe it's a debut book.
      I have got to figure out where I can get Short-Straw Bride from. My sister is getting Accidental Bride through the library where she is so I'll get to read it next month. I'm hoping both of those appear as Kindle freebies some time this summer.
      Thank you for your prayers Kara! Oh and I keep forgetting to let you know, the Enchanted Attic arrived a while back. :-)

      Delete
    2. Wow, you make Stubborn Heart sound amazing and it's one of the books I'm after :) I'll request it at my library and try it there.
      I love that you and your sis read the books together and hook each other up for good reading!! Very nice :)
      Your very welcome for the prayers, you've been on my heart since you shared with me :) So glad you received Enchanted Attic, hope you enjoy it. The story didn't grab me until about halfway through, but i loved Quasi and how it ended. My first time reading that author :)
      Thanks for your comments on my blog, you have no idea how much you bless me doing that.

      Delete
    3. Hope you can find a copy of My Stubborn Heart! Sometime in the next few weeks I should get a chance to read Enchanted Attic, I'm looking forward to learning more about the hunchback of Notre Dame (seen the Disney movie long time ago, but never read the original book).
      You're welcome! And keep those good posts and reviews coming!

      Delete
  2. You have some great books on your list! Short-Straw Bride is amazing and I really enjoyed The Accidental Bride. The Forgotten Castle ones and My Stubborn Heart were pretty good to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just found out today that I get to read the Forgotten Castle books through NetGalley. I'm so excited. Like I just told Kara up top, I finished My Stubborn Heart last night and really enjoyed it. What a great debut book!

      Delete
  3. I saw that Short Straw Bride one mentioned recently, and though I'm not usually into historical romance, I had to admit it looked fascinating.

    It would be fun to read the Quiet one, too. I'm pretty much always up for something about introverts. :)

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read Short-straw Bride at B&N yesterday, it was lots of fun and so hard not to laugh out loud. I'm sure I looked crazy sitting on the floor trying not to smile insanely. It's not exactly historical fiction, except that it takes place in the past.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Real Time Web Analytics