Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Top Ten Characters I'd Like to Meet

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

This week's topic was actually Top Ten Characters Who Remind Me Of Myself Or Someone I Know In Real Life, but that would take me way too long and I don't think I could come up with anywhere close to ten. So I'm going to follow Abbi's example and do:

Top Ten Characters I'd Like to Meet

1. & 2.  Robin Hood and Maid Marian 
From any of the books

3. & 4. Alexandria Featherstone 
...and the Duke - I want to see his eyes
book cover of The Guardian Duke by Jamie Carie
From the Forgotten Castle's Series by Jamie Carie (The Guardian Duke; The Forgiven Duke; The Duke's Promise)

5+. High King Peter, Queen Lucy, and Reepicheep
And Aslan and Mr. Tumnus and Aravis
From the Chronicles of Narnia Series by C.S. Lewis

7. Monster (the cat) but in his human form
From the Tales of Goldstone Wood series by Anne Elisabeth Stengl (Heartless; Veiled RoseMoonblood)

8+. Old Shatterhand, Winnetou, Old Surehand, Sam Hawkins, Dicke Jemmy & Lange Davy, Hadshi Halef Omar
And a couple more
From the many books by Karl May

10. Kaitlin, Sean, & Marcail Donovan
From The Californians Series by Lori Wick

I realized when searching for my past posts about Karl May that several of these characters also appear on my Top Ten Favorite Characters list. :-) Here's another post I wrote mentioning Old Shatterhand, Old Surehand and Karl May.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for stealing! (Not a phase you hear everyday!) Glad you did this too! I think I'll join you in visiting Robin Hood & Marion, Alex and the Duke, the Narnia characters, and of course the Donovans! I am now really in the mood to reread that series once again. I've read them at least 4-5 times already but they never get old!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me steal. :-) Though since you've given permission I guess it isn't stealing anymore. Maybe we'll end up reading that series at the same time. It's been a couple months since I reread any Lori Wick. My favorite is Bamboo & Lace and The Princess. Still hoping I find those at a book sale one day.

      Delete
  2. LOL Abbi for the stealing comment, you're adorable!

    Great list, Rina! I have not read several of these books, do the movie versions count? I definitely agree with the characters from Narnia :) I would also add the characters from The Guy I'm Not Dating by Trish Perry (sooooo funny) and Mine is the Night by Liz Curtis Higgs. And I would include the main characters from Left Behind because while I read that series, they felt like real people to me :) Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-)

      Thanks Kara! Sure the movie versions count. Although of course books are better. I haven't heard of the Perry book, I'll have to look it up. Mine is the Night (bk2) and Here Burns My Candle (bk1) are quite good. I was over half way through the first one before I realized it was like the story of Ruth. :-) The second is my favorite of the two.

      Delete

Real Time Web Analytics